Monday, August 26, 2013

Ripped Jeans

Ripped jeans are so much fun. I get such a kick out of destroying denim. Maybe it's my inner rebellious teen trying to come out..who knows. I bought these jeans from Kohl's, on sale + combined with the 15% coupon they normally offer. One sweet cashier told me to connect to their wifi while in line and up it popped. They were too long and just like any other dark wash, boot cut jean. I wanted to change that. I hemmed them, took scissors & a razor blade to a few spots, then finally rolled them, so they were scruffy, cuffed capris. The shirt is thrifted from Goodwill. Originally there was a lackluster lining and elastic sleeves, which I immediately removed. Am I the only one who hates elastic on their arms? It just makes me itch. The bag, I love. H&M via Goodwill. It was buried underneath a stack of so-so bags on top of some shoes. I think of it like buried treasure. The splurge with this outfit was the hat. It says "Love" on one side in sparkly silver, with the 'o' being replaced with the Coast Guard emblem. On the back it has USCG. What can I say? I'm a proud wife.

                                                             

Before
Who doesn't glare at the phone when trying on shirts? I tell ya, it's the elastic sleeves.

After
Much happier....elastic sleeve free.
                                                         


                                                                                                        

Thrifting!
Classic shape + neutral color = keeper

















                                                                                                                                    

Shirt- Goodwill, $6.99
Camisole- Forever 21, $3
Jeans- Kohl's, sale + coupon, $9
Shoes-Old Navy, coupon, $10
Bag-H&M via Goodwill, $7.99
Hat- Hand Crafted (check her out on Facebook & Etsy!), $30

No comments:

Post a Comment