Wednesday, August 14, 2013

My First Blog-- Fabulous Fashions on Finite Finances!!

I am starting this blog as a way to share my love of fashion, which is constrained by our budget, and ways to put together seemingly 'blah' clothes and make something fabulous!  I am currently living in California which has a plethora of resale, thrift and vintage stores.  I absolutely take advantage of all the resources available.
I love to pick up basic pieces, like this Liz Claiborne (got it for $3.99!) when I see them to work them into my wardrobe.



I love picking up fun items, like this cute denim dress.
A braided belt, rolled sleeves, cowboy boots & a simple alteration transform the once unflattering dress to something fabulous.











As I am fairly petite, 5'4" tall, I often have to hem my clothes.  I sew on a BERNINA 380 sewing machine, which I love. I'm definitely not a seamstress though.  But, I have a love of fashion, two-small children and a great sewing machine.

No comments:

Post a Comment