Friday, August 16, 2013

Mad for Plaid

I'll admit, I have a thing for plaid. But shhh! It's a secret. Okay, obviously not. When I saw this dress, I had to have it. Regardless of the fact that it's long, dowdy and reminds me of an old school marm from way back when, it called to me. I knew I could tweak it and make it perfect. Would I wear this just any day? No, but it would be wonderful during the winter as the fabric is thick and it screams Christmas to me. Even luckier, it was marked down and had never been worn. Score!
                                                                 Before


After


I hemmed it by about 7 inches and seriously fell in love. Can it be the holiday season yet? Adding neutral pumps and a red bubble necklace let the dress be the focal point. However, it would be even more fun with sparkly red or gold heels, pearls and a trench.
Dress- Salvation Army, $5
Heels-Dillards, sale
Necklace- Caroline G. just paid shipping 
Caroline G. is my go to for bubble necklaces y'all. She's affordable to begin with, but is constantly offering fun sales. I've taken advantage of 50% off codes and just pay shipping deals. Check her out on Instagram and Facebook! 

No comments:

Post a Comment